The Summertime blues might sound like a strange phrase but it’s not unusual for many people to struggle. As summer approaches there’s often a sense of excitement and anticipation! If you’ve been looking forward to the summer for a while, the reality can sometimes let you down. Here are a few common reasons why:
- For parents – keeping the kids endlessly occupied can be exhausting, not to mention the lack of space/ quiet
- FOMO – other people appear to be having more fun!
- No holiday booked/ you’re already back from it…
- The weather you were hoping for has not materialised
- Beach body envy or perhaps feeling self-conscious about wearing fewer layers
- Feeling the ill-effects of alcohol or food indulgence
- Not enough sleep – longer daylight hours interfering (and/ or many other factors)
- You’re suffering with your mental health – most commonly; stress, depression or anxiety
So what can you do to help yourself/ gain a much-needed boost…?
Here are a few ideas that might be worth a try:
- Purposefully consider your NUTRITION – what you put into your body will directly impact on the way that you feel. Plan ahead and include a wide variety of seasonal fruits & vegetables in your shop, alongside the other essentials… Think colourful as ‘eating the rainbow’ often maximises health benefits and nutrients.
- Drink more water – it sounds so simple but the benefits are endless! If you find it hard to remember – there are some well-designed water bottles out there which act as a fab reminder (like this one).
- Talking therapy – this is proven to be extremely effective plus you don’t have to be rich… it’s available on the NHS. Find out more here!
- Plan ahead and diarise a handful of activities that you know will bring you life and re-energise you. Your chosen activities may be well be solo or social and don’t need to cost much.
- Prevent potential cabin fever… Get outdoors as much as you can! Get a map out, choose your radius and explore a location that’s new to you.