The Summertime blues might sound like a strange phrase but it’s not unusual for many people to struggle. As summer approaches there’s often a sense of excitement and anticipation! If you’ve been looking forward to the summer for a while, the reality can sometimes let you down. Here are a few common reasons why:
- For parents – keeping the kids endlessly occupied can be exhausting, not to mention the lack of space/ quiet
- FOMO – other people appear to be having more fun!
- No holiday booked/ you’re already back from it…
- The weather you were hoping for has not materialised
- Beach body envy or perhaps feeling self-conscious about wearing fewer layers
- Feeling the ill-effects of alcohol or food indulgence
- Not enough sleep – longer daylight hours interfering (and/ or many other factors)
- You’re suffering with your mental health – most commonly; stress, depression or anxiety
So what can you do to help yourself/ gain a much-needed boost…?