Delivering Outstanding Sexual Health Provision – Independent School Nurses: Offering effective, accessible, up-to-date provision, based on current best practice
This interactive study day has been designed to rapidly update participants’ skills, and equip school nursing teams with
the latest advice, key skills and examples of best practice relating to students’ sexual health.
Key learning objectives:
- Dealing with issues of consent, confidentiality and safeguarding
- Contraception overview – including latest guidance about emergency contraception
- SAIs and national screening programmes
- National frameworks and legislation that impacts on students’ sexual health
- HIV – latest updates
- Setting up accessible school-based sexual health clinics
- Promoting the sexual health of your pupils – meeting the requirements of your role
- Abortion, FGM, pupil sexuality and child sexual exploitation – understanding recent advice and guidance
Course fees are £240 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues.