Effective Approaches for Supporting Students with Eating Disorders – Managing risk and digital pressure
To provide School Nurses and Pastoral Staff with essential introductory knowledge, skills and strategies to support pupils with eating disorders, or who are showing signs of troubled eating.
Key learning objectives include:
* Understanding and assessing risk factors, triggers and current incidence
* Key messages – current research and best practice
* Exploring the impact of children’s digital lives on eating and body image
* The voice of young people – what really helps?
* Managing disclosure and thresholds for specialist referral
* Exploring issues of confidentiality and conflicts of interest
* Strategies for prevention and intervention within your school
* Developing resilient practice
Course fees are £225 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ delegates.