Essential Counselling and Communication Skills for Pastoral Staff – Supporting student wellbeing through effective pastoral conversations
This interactive course allows participants to develop the counselling skills and confidence to ensure supportive and empowering pastoral interactions with students in their care. It is specifically aimed at pastoral staff who work with students in Year 7 through to Year 13.
Key learning objectives:
- Understanding your role and where it fits into the wider pastoral support system
- Identifying and honing your active listening skills
- Using empowering questions to help students create their own solutions
- Developing listening and responding skills for emotionally-challenging pastoral conversations
- Having supportive conversations with students experiencing common mental health issues
- Reviewing your support networks and personal coping strategies
Course fees are £240 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues.