Mental Health Skills: Building your Toolkit – An essential guide for Nurses and Pastoral Staff in Independent Schools. Effective strategies, skills and techniques to support your students
Students are under huge pressure: exams, workload, relationships, hormones, planning for ‘the future’ – the heat is on.
Inevitably, a large number will require support for a mental health problem whilst at school. This interactive course builds Nurses’ knowledge and confidence, enabling them to offer timely, appropriate and effective initial and ongoing mental health support to those students in need.
Key learning objectives:
- Understanding the current mental health landscape
- Spotting risk, identifying students in danger and managing initial disclosure
- Offering students support for stress, anxiety, depression, identity crisis, self-harm and suicidality
- Managing issues of confidentiality and mental health referrals
- Key skills, effective interventions and therapeutic techniques to help your students cope
Course fees are £240 + VAT. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues.