Minor Illnesses Management- Essential assessment and treatment skills for Independent School Nurses
PLEASE NOTE: As of 4th Sept, this event was postponed from Tues 5th to Tues 12th October. Circumstances were unusual and entirely beyond our control – we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully the new date suits you!
This training course allows Nurses to accurately assess students with a variety of presenting complaints, and explains how to spot red flags. Colleagues attending will be guided through the latest guidelines and current best practice advice on managing a wide range of illnesses. The day is specifically aimed at Nurses working with students in a school environment.
Key learning objectives include:
- How to identify and assess a range of common minor illnesses in children and teenagers
- Effective clinical history-taking
- Assessing the urgency of each case
- Management of respiratory and abdominal presentations
- Dealing with ENT and eye problems
- Managing headache, migraine and skin presentations
- Spotting when something is potentially more sinister
Course fees are £240 + VAT. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues