Assessing and Managing Minor Injuries – Essential Skills for Independent School Nurses. Offering safe, competent and confident support to pupils.
This engaging training course is packed with practical information to enable Nurses to swiftly update their understanding of how to manage commonly presenting minor injuries. Colleagues attending will be guided through the latest guidelines and current best practice advice, and the day is specifically aimed at Nurses working in a school environment.
Key learning objectives:
- Identifying, assessing and managing a range of common injuries
- Ensuring effective clinical history taking
- Dealing with head, facial, and musculoskeletal injuries
- Watching out for red flag symptoms during assessment
- Building confidence when deciding whether, and when, to send a pupil to A&E
- Managing cuts, bruises and burns
Course fees are £240 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues.