Skillful Responses to Complex Mental Health Situations – A Masterclass for Staff in Independent Schools
This in-depth and interactive Masterclass delivers evidence-based training which is specifically aimed at pastoral staff and nurses. By sharing the trainers’ extensive knowledge and personal experience, the day offers a unique opportunity to hone skills and build confidence when dealing with challenging mental health scenarios and mental health emergencies in school. The day is particularly suitable for those with some previous knowledge of mental health issues.
Key learning objectives:
* Reducing staff anxiety about managing students’ mental health issues
* Effective actions for complex mental health situations
* Offering students immediate and safe help in a mental health emergency
* Actions for lone workers – what to say and do
* Using key assessment skills to spot risk and danger
* Identifying your existing skill-set and knowledge in order to build on your expertise
* Helping your students sustain well-being once a crisis has passed
Course fees are £225 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ delegates.