Effective Approaches for Supporting Students with Eating Disorders: Managing risk and digital pressure
This course has been split into two 2-hour webinars on consecutive Thursdays, 10th & 17th March 2022, to maximise learning opportunities for staff.
School Nurses and Pastoral Staff will be equipped with essential introductory knowledge, skills and strategies to support pupils with eating disorders, or who are showing signs of troubled eating. The major focus is on significantly increasing understanding of eating disorders, however the day will also explore common links with how students can become affected by the current pressures in their modern digital lives. Participants will gain skills and techniques for successfully supporting vulnerable students and managing risk, including the additional impact of Covid-19.
Content is suitable for School Nurses, Pastoral Staff and Senior Leaders who are responsible for the well-being of students within their schools.
Key objectives include:
- Understanding and assessing current risk factors (including the impact of Covid-19), triggers and current incidence
- Key messages – current research and best practice
- Exploring the impact of children’s digital lives on eating and body image
- Managing disclosure and thresholds for specialist referral
- Exploring issues of confidentiality and conflicts of interest
- Strategies for prevention and intervention within your school
The webinar fees are £175 + VAT per person. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues