Tackling Depression and Anxiety – Offering confident, competent and effective support to students
This course has been split into two 2-hour webinars running on consecutive Thursdays 11th & 18th Nov 2021, to maximise learning opportunities for staff. Teenage mental health is under severe pressure. With an estimated 1 in 3 adolescents currently struggling with an anxiety disorder by their late teens, school staff need to react swiftly to identify and help those students in need.
These interactive webinars, which highlight current research and best practice, build colleagues’ knowledge, skills and confidence, enabling them to spot those students requiring help, and to offer targeted and timely interventions.
Key learning objectives include:
- Understanding and assessing current risk factors, including the impact of Covid-19, plus triggers and current incidence
- Exploring issues of confidentiality and conflicts of interest
- Managing students’ acute distress – what to do, and what NOT to do
- Effective approaches to use for ongoing support and help for depression and anxiety
- Managing disclosure, and thresholds for specialist referral
- Strategies for prevention and intervention within your school
The Webinar fee is £175 +VAT per person
Discounts available for 2+ delegates attending and our new 10% Loyalty Discount