The Essential Role of the PSHE/RSE Coordinator: Secondary Implementing the New Statutory Guidance to transform your school’s provision
With PSHE receiving a national shake-up, all schools are required to deliver a new comprehensive programme from Sept 2020. This interactive workshop is suitable for those new to the role of PSHE coordinator, as well as those looking to get their heads around the new guidance. The course provides an overview of the essential requirements as well as practical ways to implement a robust school-wide provision and upskill non-specialists. The day will also include a fascinating, fast-paced overview and update on the critical issues affecting young people today, plus discussion on every staff member’s role in helping students navigate them. The day is Secondary-focussed.
Key Learning objectives include:
* Understanding the new statutory guidance – implications for you and your school
* How to deliver effective PSHE – practical strategies, resources, lesson ideas/tips & advice
* Typical challenges from a secondary perspective and how to overcome them
* Equipping non-specialists to confidently deliver high quality PSHE
* Assessment & measuring progress
* Essential updates – key issues unpacked, including up-to-date information on: Mental health, social media minefield, drugs and alcohol, LGBT+, sex and relationships
Course fees are £225+VAT. Discounts available for 2+ colleagues.